“Inner knowing”, “fullest potential” February 1, 2007Posted by Rasheed Eldin in Islam, Proggies, Responses.
- UPDATE: She’s been given the boot. And she blames “the extremely well organized fascist international Islamist movement”!
Dr Ghazala said in her email reply: “As an imperative of my faith in a Compassionate and Merciful Creator, I extend my support to the right of all creatures human and non-human to live their lives in the light of their inner knowing, according to how they were created by the Creator and to their fullest potential. This is what Islam teaches.”
Meaningless rhetoric. Points of note:
- Allah is indeed Merciful and Compassionate. But these attributes of His are not brushes by which you can whitewash the religion which He perfected by His Messenger (peace be on him).
- “Inner knowing” is defined and regulated how? Ever heard of Qur’an and Sunnah?
- How were they created, and how will they know? Allah said: “I did not make them witness the creation of the heavens and the earth, nor even their own creation…” [18:51]
- Ah, so that’s why you must declare they were ‘created that way’. Now you can go on to say that by following in the evil footsteps of the Sodomites, they are only ‘fulfilling their potential’. And that’s got to be beautiful, right? Any other option would be plain sacreligious. After all, as Ghazala claims: “The larger Muslim community has to come to the recognition that homophobia and not homosexuality is the sin.” Presumably denying yourself anal sex is a form of self-inflicted homophobia.
- Islam teaches this? The Qur’an places value on diversity of gender, colour, language, and nationalities. Not of “orientations”, a dubious concept.